Old 26-07-2009, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Seeing off an aggressive blackbird?

"Eddy" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
I encourage the birds into our gardens, so you know what I would rather
have.

Oh, we love birds, Mike, don't get me wrong. The more the better and
they do root around all over the garden. We seem rich in worms here,
probably due to the effluent from the septic tank dispersing under the
ornamental garden! Anyway, they're welcome to forage around all over,
but in this particular little spot . . . I ain't 'aving it! :-)

Fair enough - but please do not go down the cat as a solution method.
Pet cats should be homed like pet rabbits, only in a cage when outside.

Upturned wire mesh planters or raised chicken mesh suitably shaped, would
be my solution.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com