Old 27-07-2009, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Darrell Ulm Darrell Ulm is offline

Default Seed dryer

On Jul 4, 1:24*pm, Ernie Willson wrote:
I'm looking for plans for a homebuilt seed dryer to dry the seeds from
my garden. It could be either solar or electric powered. If anyone can
direct me to an appropriate site etc. I'd be appreciative.

I use the paper towel, newspaper method, and while it can work,
frequently the seeds will not germinate, so faster drying may be the
key. Tomato seeds work well, but pepper seeds less so. This could also
be due to hybrid seeds, right?

-Darrell Ulm