Old 27-07-2009, 07:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Kate Spencer Kate Spencer is offline

Default Umbrella Tree

Hello all

I have an Umbrella Tree in a pot on the balcony.
Some months ago it developed what seemed to be soft, thorn like
protuberances here and there along the stems which made me think it had a
disease as nothing like this had happened before.
I searched the internet and was totally surprised to find this tree can bear
flowers.

I have had this plant for about eighteen years, since it was a delicate
little thing that used to live in the bathroom and it has never given any
indication that it might do anything other than give privacy now that it has
size on its side.

Those "growths" turned to little balls, turned black and now the crows are
enjoying them.

Is this likely to happen each year from now on?

Regards,

Kate
(Sydney, Australia)