Old 27-07-2009, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting back a Paulownia

Shirleyp wrote:
Could anyone tell me when the best time would be to cut back a
Paulownia, Autumn or spring, we would liked to have let it get big
enough to Flower but it is outgrowing the space we have for it.

Shirley

If you want it to flower the one thing you don't want to do is cut it back!
The only reason for cutting it back (or, rather, coppicing it) is to
encourage it to produce very big leaves on one or two stems. If you want
flowers you'll have to leave it to grow into a small tree (3+ metres in
height).

--
Jeff