Old 27-07-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Raining still

On 2009-07-26 21:12:26 +0100, Dave Hill said:
snip

To support the tree dahlias I have 9ft posts knocked into the ground
every 30 ft then the canes inbetween strung near the top and tied to
the posts, the dahlias are then either tied to the canes or a string
around the clump with 2 or 3 canes
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20mist/Treeda...
.jpg
One of my seedlings from last year has rather interesting young
foliage, a nice plants even without flowers
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20mist/Foliag...
a.jpg

David Hill

That foliage is lovely - be interesting to see how it matures.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

Another 1.15 inches of rain overnight that takes us to 15.75 inches so
far this month with a lot more to come in the next few days.
I wonder if I could field grow waterlilies ?
David hill

Oh David, how depressing it is. It's not actually raining here today
but it's not looking good, either. We did start with a sunny day but
not for long! It's particularly hard on someone doing your sort of
work, too.