Old 27-07-2009, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bud Bud is offline

Default Increase potato yield, how?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:30:30 -0700, Darrell Ulm wrote:
I know people all use different methods.

With that 10X5 plot I'd make 5 rows using the ten foot length. Dig a foot
deep trench, put a potato in firmly into the ground, one eye, cover with
an inch of soil. Hill until soil is level. as the potato vine comes up
start applying hay around them. Water well, takes a lot of water for
potatoes. Get a chance add some sand to your soil, a lot, to let the
potatoes have room to grow. Compost doesn't hurt either.
--
Bud