Old 27-07-2009, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default Concrete gravel boards

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Donna UK
writes
Hi All

I am looking to make up my first raised bed and was wondering if I can
use
gravel boards from B&Q? I know that some people say not to use certain
materials etc...

Any advice appreciated
Donna

I had a quick look, and at 15cms x 1.83M they look about the right size,
and they are about 8 Squids each.

I wonder how that compares with timber?
You've got me thinking about that now, though I've got a piece of
planking which would do for a small bed...

You can also get them 12" (300mm) wide from proper builders merchants
and they will usually deliver free over £50. Travis Perkins price these
at about £14 vat ex.

hth

Bob