Old 27-07-2009, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default phases of the moon

In message , Hamer Family
writes
Thanks for those replies, yes I am aware of many of the issues and
critiques. However I am looking for people who actually do it.

While understanding that you wish local UK input - which will probably
be forthcoming - I would suggest that you may consider asking any
gardening (especially vegetable gardening) friends you may have in, for
example, Italy, France or Spain. I have never actually tried to harness
the "powers" of the lunar cycle so much followed by many friends I have
in the countries I mention. Certain of these would no more dream of
planting out of this cycle than fly to the hub of their plan :-))

I do hope you get helpful responses from others as, if I can get myself
organised and get my head around the principles, I would be very happy
to test the theory next year in part of my veg beds.

Thank you for raising an interesting point .... it's probably been
discussed before but not that I can recall, although I have been lurking
only for a few years.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset