Old 27-07-2009, 10:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steven Wayne[_2_] Steven Wayne[_2_] is offline

Default New Lawn. Which is the best grass seed?

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:40:45 +0100, toomanyparties
wrote:

Hello, I know I might be opening a can of worms here but does anyone
have a favourite lawn seed or supplier? I live in Cornwall. I've
flattened the end of our garden which had been a dumping ground for
years. It's quite shady and damp and the soil is claggy.

I'd rather turf it so we can use the area this year but it's probably
too expensive as the area is about 60m2. The lawn will need to be
pretty hardwearing as we have 3 kids ! I've seen a few mixes but is it
better (or even possible) to mix your own?

Take a look at this site: http://www.lawnuk.co.uk/wizard.php

Steven
--
Everything that you can see in the world around you, presents itself
to your eyes only as an arrangement of patches of different colours