Old 29-07-2009, 02:14 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock[_2_] Jock[_2_] is offline

Default Umbrella Tree

Len,
Don't get me started on Privet berries and these currawongs!
Why don't people get 1/2 a collective clue & cut the things down. Easy to
remove the stinking bushy flowers at flowering time so they don't bear fruit
& propagate through the suburbs & bush.
Umbrella trees are as you say pretty as pots but leave them in pots.
Jock

"len" wrote in message
: g'day kate,
:
: the umbrella tree aka Schefflera actinophylla.
:
: has become something of an enviro weed, due to those fruits all sorts
: of birds will eat them including the lorrikeets and then go poop in
: the bush where the undigested seeds readily germinate.
:
: my suggestion would be to remove the flower stems after you have
: enjoyed the flowers. also suggest the plant stay in the pot as in the
: ground like the ficus they are a hazard when it comes to sewerage
: pipes.
:
: On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 06:26:46 GMT, "Kate Spencer"
: wrote:
:
: snipped
:
:
: With peace and brightest of blessings,
:
: len & bev
:
: --
: "Be Content With What You Have And
: May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
: A World That You May Not Understand."
:
: http://www.lensgarden.com.au/