Old 29-07-2009, 11:53 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Short View Post
Does anyone know what the difference is between a organic seed and a normal
seed?
The same as the difference between an "organic" apple and another apple, as found on the greengrocer's shelf, ie, the way in which it was produced. Growing plants from an "organic" seed does not result in the produce being organic unless the culture is also organic. On the other hand, I expect that much "organic" produce may well be grown from seeds whose culture was not "organic".

I hate the term "organic" for this. Organic previously meant something quite different, and is still used in that sense. The French term "biodynamic" is more better.