Old 29-07-2009, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Is there an easy way to spot tomato worms?

"Boron Elgar" wrote in message
You can search leaves for droppings, which are black and abundant if
the worms are there. Then just start looking up above the leaves
where the droppings are.

They are wonderfully camouflaged, but I have my best hunting in the
morning.

Of course, it might be something else, too. Do you get Japanese
beetles in your area?

I don't know about Japanese beetles, but I'm pretty sure it is tomato worms
due to the same snipping patterns as the last time (leaves at the top of the
plant eaten). I'll look for droppings; thanks.
--S.