Old 29-07-2009, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Tomato Harvest

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:01:50 -0400, "Zeppo" wrote:

Starting to enjoy natures bounty... :-)

I've been pulling yellow cherry tomatoes off all week. Very tasty though he
skin is a bit tough.

I took a medium sized yellow heirloom (been ripening in a paper bag) and
will take a large red big boy off the vine this evening to make Caprese.

Hope the fruit on my Brandywine heirloom starts to ripen soon.

I hope the fruit on any of my tomato plants starts to appear soon!
We've had a lousy summer so far for any of the heat loving vegetables,
tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, etc.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b
43º 17' 26.75" North
80º 13' 29.46" West

Makes me wonder how Bungadora is doing over near Calgary.
We finally have tomatoes on all 21 of our vines, but they are all green.
We have had about 5 Koralic tomatoes (1" dia.), probably before they
were fully ripe.
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.* ~Channing E. Phillips

Israeli Settlers Attack Palestinian Land
http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7

http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn