Old 29-07-2009, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default What's On Our Food?

In article ,
"The moderator" wrote:

My advice is simple, if you are going to eat, eat organic.
--

- Billy

It is my observation that the people working in organic groceries are the
sickliest looking specimens around. Eat a T-bone once in a while you
anemic, depressing zealots. Get next to a bar of soap.

Well, yes, that is your opinion, and your welcome to it.

I might point out though, that organic doesn't mean vegetarian.
Moreover, there is a qualitative difference between grass fed, and grain
finished, not that some marketing whiz isn't trying to blur the lines,
as with the new use of the word "natural" to imply "organic", which it
isn't necessarily. Then there is Whole Foods which tries to be organic
inside the old factory system of distribution. Or are you just saying
that the people working in organic groceries look thin? Where did the
soap thingy come from? You're really not very good at thinking are you?

Many of us garden to have "organic" food. Our President's family just
planted an "organic" garden.

"When they are not protected by pesticides, crops produce their own
chemical weapons. Some of these, various flavonoids, are antioxidants
which may contribute to human health. Organic pears and peaches are
richer in these compounds and organic tomatoes have more vitamin C and
lycopene."
- Dr. Schwarcz

Maybe, you just need a better class of organic grocery store, maybe.
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.* ~Channing E. Phillips

Israeli Settlers Attack Palestinian Land
http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7

http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn