Old 16-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Peter James

Default cat problems, again

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:14:53 +0100, "Bob H"
wrote:

snipped
On both borders, front and back, between my property and my next door neighbour, cats
are using them as toilets.
snipped

I have effectively solved my cat problem, or so it would appear. I
have a very small rear garden that is surrounded by cat owning
house-owners who couldn't give a damn what pussy does in other
people's gardens. I purchased an electronic cat scarer that detects
movement at about 8" height and floods the area with ultra sonic
sounds. I bought it two weeks ago, and touch wood, not a sight or
sound or cat "turd" to be seen. That, plus my discouraging the little
b------s by jetting water at them when seen by day, seems to have done
the trick. It cost £40 plus a mains adaptor £12 and is worth every
penny.
There was an interesting article in the Daily Telegraph the other day
about cats. I was interested to read that it is not against the law
to shoot them, but of course the RSPCA would undoubtedly sue you for
cruelty to an animal. I wonder how the defence of claiming that you
were putting the little sods out of their misery would go down in
Court. Or maybe that you were protecting your property from nuisance
and destruction. It certainly is time that the law with regard to
cats was up-dated. They are an animal that can exist happily
permamently indoors, and there is no need to allow them out. I'm sure
that it is just that the owners would rather that their neighbours
dispose of the resulting mess and not the cat owners. The bird
population would undoubtedly increase if they were kept indoors.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply