Old 29-07-2009, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default tomatoes

On Jul 29, 3:25*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Jul 29, 12:27 pm, "Ophelia" wrote:

My Tumblers are covered in tomatoes and one of them is even red!!!

The leaves seem to be dying off, is that usual, please? Should I continue
to feed them?

I don't think they are actually dying off, just curling slightly?
This is usual. *How often do you feed them? *One tip don't let them
dry out, keep the balance of moist soil rather than dry to sodden as
you will get problems with mishapen ends and split skins, eat and
enjoy them. *I might just copy your idea next year. *My outdoor ones
are doing fine and ones under cover not so well!!!!

* * The leaves are curling, but going yellow too. *They are outside in the
rain so don't get the chance to dry out *I have been feeding them once a
week. *Should I keep that up?

Well, I do as long as I have flowers, I feed, I wouldn't worry too
much about the yellow, just ensure that your feed contains adequate
magnesium.

Judith