Old 29-07-2009, 09:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default A different perspective

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:44:06 EDT, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
.. .
If the pond will not move to me, then I guess I'm gonna have to move
to the pond. Well, I'm not going to really move there, I just got a
building put back there and I'm gonna get AC power back there. The
building is going to be air conditioned, and has sliding glass doors
looking over the pond.........

==========================

Why not buy a used inexpensive travel trailer from Craig's list and pull
it
back there? They're like small motel rooms complete with beds,
toilets/showers,
AC, heat, sinks and stoves and even small fridges. You can get small
ones in good condition for less than $3000.

I thought about that, then figured it wasn't really what I wanted. I
used to live on a 27 foot yawl and years later on a 32 foot sloop, so
the close quarters don't bother me much. But I wanted a real
composting toilet (I know that sounds kinda strange for a priority,
but I sure didn't want to put in a drain field and I really didn't
want to fuss with a chemical toilet). Then there were other little
compromises I would have to make, so I considered it, and then decided
that the modifications I would have to make would be too much work,
and work is something I try very hard to avoid.