Old 29-07-2009, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default phases of the moon

On 2009-07-29 20:39:02 +0100, hugh ] said:

In message , Sacha
writes
snip

But how many paid attention? I know that in Jersey so many nitrates
were put onto the fields by the previous generation of farmers, that
the nitrates in the water level were a long way above the level
considered to be safe. Nonetheless, I can't see any harm in someone
wanting to try a method that does nothing to anyone or anything other
than themselves and their own land.

Also in east Anglia IIRC and pregnant women were given bottled water.

My first child is now 33 and when that child was born the nitrate thing
was becoming known. Consequently, all his milk formula bottles were
made with bottled water in a separate kettle to the one we used for
ourselves.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com