Old 30-07-2009, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default Spades

"Ben Short" wrote in message
Just bought some Felco secateurs and they are brilliant.

Now I need some really good quality spades, hoes etc. I bought some B&Q
ones and in my hard soil the spade broke first time.

What are the BEST spades, forks, hoes money can buy, money no object so to
speak. thanks

Boot fair and get some proper old fashioned tools made when tools were made
from real steel and iron on quality handles and not thrown together in
dodgy furrin factories by cheap labour and badged up for the sheds.,

You might think they feel a little heavy, but they last more than a
lifetime.