Old 30-07-2009, 11:44 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Brown View Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8174482.stm[/i][/color]

quote from this page:

The review did not look at pesticides or the environmental impact of
different farming practices.

Someone else made the point that a serious issue is not so much what's
in organic food that isn't in non-organic food, but vice versa.

Personally, I buy organic if it's not grossly more expensive than
ordinary produce, and if it's grown in the UK. I also always buy
organic dairy because of possible hormone and antibiotic residue - again
apparently not investigated by this latest review.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Until there is final and definitive proof that organophosphates and other chemicals do not harm the human or other animal organisma, I will continue to prefer "organically produced" foods. After the recent successful case in which a number of families showed that their children's deformities were the result of chamicals released into their environment, I am even more firm in my decision.