Old 30-07-2009, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Donovan Peter Donovan is offline

Default Carrot Fly

As a gardener of many years and a rather large allotment to look after.
I have covered my plot with raised beds a lot of hard work but it is working
the yeild of all crops is fantastic ,and less weeding.
However for every success there are failures.This year my carrots have got
infected by carrot fly,not to bad to make them unedable but I will be
raising all carrots that are good size and blanching them prior to freezing.
No I did not cover my crop with fleece this year,
Has anybody got any ideas if it is worth treating the bed with any pesticide
to try and kill some of these pests?

I will be covering them next year.

Peter