Old 30-07-2009, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glyphosate

Neuneu wrote:
Le Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:58:09 +0100, Jeff Layman a écrit :

My French is not very good, but as far as I could tell there is no actual
figure stated for the glyphosate concentration found (in the link you
gave and associated links). There was just a comment that it was found,
apparently contradicting Monsanto's claim of it being 100% biodegradable.
Do you know any link which states the concentration found?

My english is not so good, too...

I can give you a lot of links with a lot of results of analysis.

This one ?
http://www.ineris.fr/eil/documents/R...rticipants.pdf

or
http://www.aquaref.fr/system/files/M...s+les+eaux.pdf

Usually I just lurk on urg because my english is not fluent, but I didn't
imagine that in UK you were not informed that Glyphosate is a poison.

I believe that your English is better than my French!

However, as far as I can tell, neither of the references gives the result of
measuring levels of glyphosate in "natural water". They are both papers
confirming that methodology used for measuring glyphosate is valid (eg the
effect of magnesium and calcium ions on the accuracy of measurement). The
first also compares results between laboratories.

There are a number of statements on "Roundup" bottles concerning its safe
use, and there are many more poisonous chemicals than glyphosate in common
use in agriculture.

--
Jeff