Old 30-07-2009, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Carrot Fly

"Hamer Family" wrote in message
I tell a lie, I have just been down to the lottie and pulled some carrots
for dinner, guess what... First time ever ... Carrot fly.

I'm guessing that the recent downpours have caused the foliage to fall and
the carrot fly have been able to reach it. I will tie it all up nexy year.

There is a variety of carrot seed called Flyaway, I think T&M as well as
other suppliers sell it.

I wonder if it is cheaper to use lace curtain remnants from fabric shops
rather than fleece, which is quite expensive. Where I worked, on a farm,
they used small mesh (i.e. 2 mm) netting to protect the carrots, but that
was on an industrial scale.

someone