Old 30-07-2009, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
v_coerulea v_coerulea is offline

Default OT, sort of - Eternal-September

OT, sort of - Eternal-SeptemberViateur does a lot of posting of synopses from various publications along with links to the full article. Many are interesting. But I'm pretty Viateur is not the administrator of OrchidGuide Digest unless it's a nom de plume. The administrator is Kenneth Bruyninckx, the owner of Akerne orchids in Belgium. Ray's comment is self evident from this. Kenneth ran the newsgroup which I think had the same name before switching to freelists.
Gary
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message ...
Anything I can do, I will, Ray. BTW, I have tried twice to sign on to Orchids Digest (at Freelists). I get the postings every day in my inbox but can't seem to join that list. I got as far as a notice that said I'd receive an email to use for verification, but I never did get one.

I think the mod's name is spelled Viateur.....Signs everything VB.

Diana
"Wendy7" wrote in message ...
I must have missed it too !!! But I'm in on this Ray, sounds like it would work. If you need help with the
moderating just yell.
Cheers Wendy
"Ray B" wrote in message news:000001ca10b6$0e094020$0201a8c0@fro...
I will repeat a proposal I made some time ago, but which gained no response: anyone up for a binaries newsletter?

The Orchids Digest is now run By Kenneth B (I'm not going to even attempt to spell is name before coffee) for free using freelists.org. Looking at the freelists info, it appears that it is possible to have a list with attached images. Seems to me that it would provide us a way to share photos at no cost to anyone; maybe a little time as a moderator to kill abuser's participation, and I'm willing to give that a try.

Basically, you just send an email with photo attached to the list address (I have applied for " - not active yet; should be within 24 hours if approved) , and the server distributes it to all members. Reply, and that goes to all, as well.

It is possible to have all of the day's messages sent as a single "digest", but with the images, that's probably not a good idea, as it could be huge!

What the heck, let's give it a try and see how it goes. I can always close it down again. I'll cross-post info if it's approved.

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com

Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books, Artwork

Free Services & Lots of Info!