Old 31-07-2009, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Japanese Knotweed - piece on BBC Breakfast news 23rd July 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:25:17 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Spot applied "Roundup" has seen off the ground elder we had.

Tried that plus numerous other stuff. Still in the border and under
hedge coming through from next door.

Not getting rid of it next door is the root cause of the problem.
Ours didn't like all (easily accessable) leaves being sprayed once or
twice a year for a year or three. We could get at all of it though.

A four pint rectangular milk bottle with the bottom cut off makes a
nice shroud to keep the spray only on the leaves you want.

--
Cheers
Dave.