Old 31-07-2009, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sutartsorric sutartsorric is offline

Default tomatoes

On 31 July, 07:49, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Jul 30, 12:17 pm, "Ophelia" wrote:

"Judith in France" wrote in
It's so difficult isn't it, when a newbie, as Ophelia is, to know
about under or over watering but yours is the best description of how
to diagnose that I have read. I, like you, do the same thing if I
suspect a plant is waterlogged. Ophelia must be having such fun
starting out; her enthusiasm carries over into the group.

Heh, thanks, Judith. I am not too sure about that but you are very kind to
say so I just hope I don't get on peoples nerves asking to many daft
questions

Don't be daft, or as they say in Norfolk "don't talk wet". *I have
little knowledge but I enjoy passing it on, lots here are quite expert
on a number of things, without the enthusiasm of those, such as you, I
suspect they would not be here?

* * 'appen as like as mebbe! *I am very grateful for all those who have put
themselves out to help me

* * I have been particularly thrilled with the 'gathering seed' thread. *I
adore poppies and fully intend to grow then when I can (if I can) *

I would continue to feed them, as tomatoes need that to stay healthy.
Despite the poor recent weather I am finding that some of my cherry
tomatoes are almost ripe, so lets hope for a decent August.