Old 31-07-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default tomatoes

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:46:34 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

Do you think I
ought to take most of the leaves off, or just the big ones?

For now, just remove the yellowed leaves, unless you feel one leaf is
*particularly* shielding a truss of fruit. The plant still needs its
leaves. Towards the end of the growing season, I often assess my plant's
chances of ripening its fruit in time and, if necessary, remove all the
leaves then to maximise sunshine.

Tomatoes do NOT need to be in sunlight to ripen.
They will be quite happy to be on the plants in warm shade.

(Have you never put under-ripe toms in a darkened drawer
and seen them ripen quite happily?)

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹