Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Off Topic Paul Krugman on Health Care Realities

In article ,
Frank wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/opinion/31krugman.html?_r=1

A taste more at above URL

"It1s a funny story Ð but it illustrates the extent to which health
reform must climb a wall of misinformation. It1s not just that many
Americans don1t understand what President Obama is proposing; many
people don1t understand the way American health care works right now.
They don1t understand, in particular, that getting the government
involved in health care wouldn1t be a radical step: the government is
already deeply involved, even in private insurance.

True and government is highly involved in education and both health care
costs and education costs are spiraling out of control.

Does anyone seriously think that even more government involvement is
going to result in better treatment or lower cost?

Yes, someone does. Medicare works just fine. All we have to do is pry
off the health insurance leeches. But that will have the same problems
as trying to pry wasteful defense spendng out of congressional districts.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn