Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Pollan Good Read On Cooking

Charlie wrote in message

Early in the week younger son and I
trapped half a hundred large crawdads, yabbies to you, and purged them
for two days in a ninety gallon tank of rainwater, which had a
recirculating pump and an dual air pump with two bubblers. Grands
enjoyed watching and *not* touching the mudbugs! (The purging water,
with its nutrients, is then pumped to the garden)

Locally raised sweet corn (hours off the stalk) wild caught shrimp,
organic red potatoes, the crayfish, Andouille and smoked sausage all
boiled up outside and served with fresh from the garden cukes with
rice wine and salt dressing and fresh from the garden green beans
dressed with from the garden garlic sauteed in butter and fresh from
the garden ripe tomatoes (finally).....

Hmph! Why wasn't I invited? I'd have done such a meal real justice and
homage (just try getting my snout away from a trough with such treats in