Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Beerme Beerme is offline

Default SQUASH VINE BORER MOTH SPOTTED

Ok last time I grew pumpkins, these boogers destroyed my plants and
I had them in EACH VINE. I'm growing squash plants now, and I do NOT
want to go through this again. I have spotted the moths, and
recognized them. I also looked closely and spotted the eggs
throughout several plants. I immediately sprayed a liquid BT
application on the whole plants. I then used Dipel Dust (BT) to dust
them (just incase)... but the rain came today and im sure it washed
it all off. What should I do to prevent the eggs from hatching, or
prevent the larvae from entering the plants. Also how long do they
take to hatch?

Thanks,

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.95 Beta 3