Old 02-08-2009, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default On and off topic

On Aug 2, 6:03*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:

On 2 Aug, 16:20, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.

Are you sure? *Or is is Campsis x grandiflora, which is rather more
common? *Not that it makes a lot of difference, and the latter is
often called C. radicans. *As you say, a great plant.

Apparently, the true C. radicans is rather too tender for the UK,
and most of France, but that is merely picked up from books.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mine has to withstand very low temperatures Nick, but I do protect
it. Each year I think it is dead and then suddenly in June there is a
glimmer of a bud.

Judith