Old 02-08-2009, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Sweet Peaas

Judith M Smith writes

Someone has advised me that sweet peas are "better" if you plant the
seeds in autumn.

How do people grow sweet peas?

Any recommended varieties?

I don't think they're 'better' but they are earlier.

I plant some in the autumn, then another batch in the spring. I plant
them all in small pots in the greenhouse, and plant them out at about a
foot high - this avoids slug damage. This year I've planted them in
small batches all over the place in amongst other flowers, which looks
lovely and spreads the smell out well, but it's easy to miss a few when
dead heading ;-)
--
Kay