Old 03-08-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Are my apples ready?

On 2009-08-03 12:19:55 +0100, "mike. buckley" said:

Well it turns out the apple tree in my new garden is an eater. :-)

It also looks like to be an early version of whatever it is, but it
seems very very early to start picking apples. They're already nice and
sweet and about half of them have a nice shade of red, they're also
starting to fall in greater numbers and will twist off easily.

So - should I leave them or start munching? Well, cutting out the
maggot trails first anyway...

If they're ready, they're ready! Apple Days are held in many areas in
autumn, so save a couple of your apples if there's one you can get to,
take the apples along and get an expert to ID it for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com