Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 PM
philious philious is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Dying Tree Fern

Hi I'm new round here and this is my first post.

I have a 6 year old dicsonia antartica which stands about 6' tall and is planted under a cherry tree facing north is a reasonably shady position. it was moved there 2 years ago from a pot.
Unfortunatly it has started to get what looks like wind burn on the fronds and the emerging croziers have just stopped unferling and have blackened off and died, i water almost every other day and feed it with a seaweed feed every 6 weeks, i have a cycanthea australis which has done exacly the same last year and has been dormant this season,

Do any of you have any idea what may have caused this and how or if i can remedy it, or are the ferrns destined for the compost heap?

Any suggestions are most welcome.

thanks

Phil