Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Grape vne

Dave Hill wrote:
On 2009-08-03 17:00:37 +0100, "Pete C" said:

When should I buy/plant a grape vine?

In theory the answer is 'any time'. However, there's little point
in planting things in January when the soil is cold and wet and
they either won't get started or might rot off in wet earth. Now
is fine. The soil is still warm and it can get its feet down and
get settled in before winter, thus getting a good start on next
spring. In the unlikely event of a dry spell, keep it watered but
don't waterlog it, either. It needs full sun on a warm wall if
it's outside and good drainage, too.
Thanks. I'm looki

Ooops, what happened there?
I'm looking a a red variety in the Dobies catalogue (Dornfelder)
It's for my allotment, and I'm thinking if training it up wires
between posts....sound ok?
It will get full sun all day. Soil is clay-ish.......any problem?
--
Pete C
London UK

Have a look at Aldi they have grape vines on offer amongst other fruit
this Thursday
David Hill

Mmm, How did I miss that....thanks David
--
Pete C
London UK