Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Introduction of benzalkonium chloride

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article , says...
vikasm wrote:
'benzalkonium chloride' (
http://www.useful-chemicals.com/?p=55) is
readily soluble

in ethanol and acetone. Although dissolution in water is slow, aqueous
solutions are easier to

handle and are preferred. Solutions should be neutral to slightly
alkaline, with colour ranging

from colourless to a pale yellow. Solutions foam profusely when
shaken, have a bitter taste and a

faint almond-like odour which is only detectable in concentrated
solutions.

Why do we need to know this?

David

It looks like a spam post to me.

I think we got a consensus, unless "gunny" wants to come back and show
us where we erred. I don't care if it is bactericidal and fungicidal, if
I want something that is extremely destructive to my mucous membranes,
with lingering after burn, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of
breath, headache, nausea and vomiting, I can always drink some good ol'
red-eye. It always worked before ;O)
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm