Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Are my apples ready?

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:19:55 +0100, mike. buckley wrote
(in article ):

Well it turns out the apple tree in my new garden is an eater. :-)

It also looks like to be an early version of whatever it is, but it
seems very very early to start picking apples. They're already nice and
sweet and about half of them have a nice shade of red, they're also
starting to fall in greater numbers and will twist off easily.

So - should I leave them or start munching? Well, cutting out the maggot
trails first anyway...

I read somewhere that English apples are ready about 6 weeks early this
year
- so I would try one!

Can someone tell me when Laxton Superb are ready for eating please?

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.