Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Bees

In message , Ophelia
writes
A report on radio4 this morning, asking people to keep a bee colony in their
gardens and even on a balcony (for example) for city dwellers. How
practical is this?

There are quite a few instances of this happening in other European
countries although I have not seen it in the UK. I guess it depends on
ease of accessibility to food source. A balcony on a flat in a small
rural town would be somewhat different to that in a high rise block in a
major industrially based city - even allowing for the greater awareness
of the green issue.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset