Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Gurr Phil Gurr is offline

Default Bees

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Phil Gurr wrote:

As a beekeeper, I am very aware of the dramatic loss of bees in the
UK.

snip

I was without bees for two years due to CCD, but fortunately (and
surprisingly) managed to cature a wild swarm this year and now have
bees again. They are more 'pets' for me as here in the far north we
generally only have a surplus of honey every 3 or 4 years.

May I ask, the far north of where?

I think I might investigate the option that Sacha mentioned. Do you have
any information on that, please?

The far north of the UK, 40 miles north of Inverness. Sorry, I don't have
any specific information about Bumblebees, but you can glean a lot from
Google

Phil