Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Bees

Sacha wrote:
The photo in Country Life looks a bit like that. Someone seems to
have taken a block of wood and just drilled holes in it, so I don't
think anything deeply sophisticated is needed. Weatherproof and out
of full sun is required but otherwise they pretty much get on with it.
Certainly I would never suggest keeping honey bees on a balcony. They
need a good foraging range and a clear flight path. Up and over a
balcony or even through bars or mesh (which would be like letting long
grass grow in front of the alighting board) would be highly
undesirable.

noted