Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sutartsorric sutartsorric is offline

Default Plant ID please

On Aug 6, 12:22*am, "Sue" wrote:
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote

Probably Malva moschata alba (white musk mallow) - there's a white
form of Malva alcea, but that's so rare I've never seen it. (The
easiest distinguishing characters for Malva alcea and Malva moschata
are not shown in the photographs.)

It looks like the white Musk Mallow to me too. I've got this growing in
my wild area where it seeds around in the grass, but have also added it
to the main garden border as it's such a lovely plant.

--
Sue

I had no idea what it was, but it looks so nice that I might have some
in our garden - thanks everyone.