Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Bees

"Sacha" wrote in message

Very kind of you but its aim is to be useful to bee keepers or those who
want to attract bees to the garden! We do try to keep up with the weeding
but for example, always leave some of the bryony or coral, as Ray calls
it, here and there because birds love the berries. Over-tidy gardens
aren't attractive to my eyes, anyway - which is just as well -

Yep, same here.. which as you say, is just as well g

but they're not wildlife friendly, either. I would love to let a large
part of the field go wild but unfortunately, with a Nursery the weed seeds
wouldn't be desirable. However, we do get a lot of grasshoppers in there,
had a large blue butterfly two years ago (which is quite rare) and of
course the grass snakes are up there, too, plus a small arboretum.

Sounds heavenly