Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default On and off topic

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 10:25 pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message

Spider wrote:
I like Spiders!!! We have some here that look like some of the Oz
ones but I don't think they bite!

We like spiders too, which is just as well, since over the last few
days,
they seem to be having a competition as to who/which can abseil fastest
from ceiling!

:~)) Lovely! I've been surrounded by spiders in the garden today, as I've
been doing some serious tidying up. Lots of abseiling :~)

Spider

Darling little things. I can see at least 3 with weeny bodies, like
those Huntsman things, long legs. They don't kill me, at least I
think they don't, as they seem to walk over me when I am sitting down.

I wonder if they are true spiders. There *is* a true long-legged spider
called Pholcus phalangiodes, but they don't very often stroll over people
(they make large webs at ceiling level). However, there is an *arachnid*
call Leiobunum rotundum which has very long black legs, which I have had
stroll over me. I think it's deeply cute :~)

Today's lesson is: All spiders are arachnids .. not all arachnids are
spiders.

Spider