Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
Yes. In my limited experience, wild plants tend to be more straggly, and
less branched, so I'd guess that this is cultivated stock.
The wild plants also tend to have more pinkish/purplish bits on the blue. They've been introduced to New Zealand and become an invasive weed there, especially in the drier mountains east of the main Alps range on the south island. Cycling through those mountains, I soon became very familiar with it.