Old 24-02-2003, 09:53 PM
animaux

Default weed & Feed - when may my baby go back on the lawn ??

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:35:10 GMT, Pam wrote:

One indication it is too acidic without doing any testing is the amount of
moss it produces. A mossy lawn is very indicative of too low a soil pH.

And I have to agree with Ann that proper pH levels are a concern. Less so
with more ornamental plants which are more tolerant of a range of soil pH,
but quite important when it comes to growing a healthy lawn or vegetables,
neither of which thrive in the acidic soils that are common to parts of the
east and west coast.

pam - gardengal

Oh, I agree with Ann, having lived on Long Island, the island of lost pines and
acid! I had many customers come to me with their woes of pH problems. As soon
as they started using pelletized lime, their pH didn't need as much adjustment
each year, or even the twice a year people were using lime.

Nothing will KEEP the pH down forever, but I was wondering if it was checked to
see that maybe liming was unnecessary for a season or so.