Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
gunner1971 gunner1971 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by z View Post
On Aug 2, 10:27*am, willshak wrote:
on 8/1/2009 7:07 PM (ET) Plant Guy wrote the following:

Will earwig "destroyer" kill slugs or snails?

The best solution for slugs is a saucer full of beer. They are attracted
to the beer and then drown in it.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

i never had any luck with the beer method. i guess the slugs up here
are teetotalers. i'm trying the iron phosphate stuff now. this summer
being like a slug horror movie in the northeast.
I'm having terrible problems with slugs on my hostas, i've never suffered before. I've been told coarse grit around the base?