Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default butterfly garden

hazchem wrote:
I am going to plant a buddleia bush on some spare ground and let
nettles grow up. Are there any other plants that I can grow that will
help butterflies and other wildlife? There are some strange cabbagey
plants growing. I don't know what they are. There are a few different
weeds that look as if they are related to cabbages.

Andy

For nectar - plants with single flowers covering as much of the year
as possible. For feeding caterpillars nettles in sun are good for some
but particular species need particular plants. Holly and ivy for blue
butterflies.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames