Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Seed dryer

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Jul 5, 5:51 pm, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

I save my tomato seeds by fermenting them for a few days in an old jar
with
some water,

Why fermenting? Straight question.

Tomato seeds straight from the tomato have a slimy coating (think snot
like). Leaving them for a few days in water gets rid of the slimyness and
then all you have to do is pour them into a kitchen sieve and run a bit of
water on them and then dump them onto a bit of kitchen towel wait for the
whole bit of towel to dry, roll it up and put it away till tomato seed
planting time..