Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George Abbot George Abbot is offline

Default Replacing Tires on Riding Mower

Ulysses wrote:
My old Sears riding mower needs some new tires. They are 18" x 8.50-8. Are
these things really hard to change on the rims? They look like they would
be difficult. Would I probably be better off buying new tires already on
new rims?

This guy makes it sound like it's not too difficult but he's worked for John
Deere and has lots of experience:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4998482_chan...paign=yssp_art

How hard is it for someone who's never done it before?

I never did before it and it was a bit difficult but doable. Same size
Sears tire too. I put in an inner tube.

Key is breaking the bead on both sides so the advice of leaving it on
the tractor is good, and would have been easier for me. Once you get
both sides loose, it is fairly easy to pry off, even with
screwdrivers, which is what I used.

GA