Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default Field bindweed in lawn

In message , writes

We have a new lawn, but the pre-treatment failed to kill all of
the field bindweed - surprise, surprise! - and there are a hundred
or so small patches in irritating positions. It is, of course,
not discouraged by mowing or being pulled out by hand.

Is there any lawn weedkiller that is worth bothering with? All
of the other weeds, I either don't mind or can be removed by hand.

Teasing each patch out and using glyphosate is INCREDIBLY tedious,
as well as likely to kill patches of grass (whatever care I take).

Top dress with aminopyralid-contaminated manure :-)

By feck that's some nasty shit that is !

See
http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/garden.asp?id=2480